SKILLS FOR A LIFETIME OF SAFE DRIVING
DRIVER EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Important Scheduling Notice
NOTE TO PARENTS OF TEENS: Due to high demand, the wait time to schedule after-school driving lessons is unusually long. We will contact you in the order you register to set up your student's schedule.
Private Drive Lessons
More Choices for the new driver
This online class is divided up into 13 chapters with 50 lessons of online instruction, interactive sessions, and quizzes. The material that is covered is fresh and up to date and created by instructors with over a decade of teaching and training in the driver ed world. Your student will have access to the latest technical information as well as Point-of-View (POV) videos that offer a real-time view of what can be expected when performing skills with smoothness and perfection. All of our lessons have the goal of creating safer drivers with habits that will last a lifetime.
ODOT Driver Ed Course
ODOT Teen Class Update
Thank you for your interest in driver training with Pacific Driver Education. We are proud to continue offering services even during the ongoing pandemic. Our safety protocols have kept our clients and instructors safe for over two years.
The chart below outlines the differences and advantages of each of our programs. If you prefer an ODOT course, we will publish a Spring course in Beaverton and in Gresham. They will fill fast so keep checking our website. The classroom portion of the course will a ZOOM - ONLINE ONLY class until the situation with Covid changes.
Teen Driver Education
No two teens are alike!
Most teens want to learn to drive but like everyone, they have different needs. When it comes to driving instruction, they need options. It’s important to families and driving schools to teach at times and in ways that meet those needs.
Some things to consider when choosing a driving program for your teenager:
- Your student's learning style
- School schedule
- Extracurricular clubs
- Sports schedules
- Religious obligations
- Family schedules
- Part-time job
The Traditional Approach
- 30 hours of required classroom seat time
- Weekly driver education classroom time for 8 to 10 weeks
- Six two-hour driving lessons with two student drive partners
- Makeup time required if you fall below 30 hours
- Both students must attend lessons, or they have to be rescheduled
A Self-Directed Approach to Driver Training
- You can begin your course as soon as tomorrow - you are a class of one very important student
- 30 hours of classroom work, delivered as an online, interactive course
- Students can complete the online lessons at their own pace
- Driving lessons are solo drives with an instructor
- We will try to set up driving lessons to fit your student's schedule.
- Please NOTE: the last lesson of the day will begin at 3:30 pm if you cannot make this work please contact us to work out a different schedule. We may not be able to accommodate everyone.
- We do not offer driving lessons on weekends.
- We have installed a two-way dash cam in each vehicle that is always in operation during drives for safety
- A parent is always welcome to ride along during driving lessons