FLEET SAFETY TRAINING
Traffic Safety Education for Fleet Drivers
Fleet Driver Training
- Your company can Lower the Risk of a Preventable Crash when you work with an instructor from Pacific Driver Education. We can design a custom solution for your Fleet Driver Training needs. One of the biggest challenges cited by commercial fleet managers is driver safety. In particular, reducing preventable crash rates with the associated repair, downtime, and liability costs. For those fleets that are not self-insured, lowering crash rates has a direct impact on lowering insurance costs.
Portland Area Corporations We've Helped:
Why Choose Pacific Driver Education?
Our senior staff has over 25 years of experience in road safety, and each of our programs has been developed with the benefit of this experience in mind.
We cater to any size organization and most industries.
Our programs are tailored to fit your organization’s unique driving needs.
Our programs can include fleet driver training seminars and practical 'on-the-road' sessions.
Training is completed on site and with company vehicles, so drivers are assessed in familiar surroundings.
How Our Fleet Driver Training Programs Can Help:
- Reduce your insurance premiums
- Lower the number of preventable crashes
- Improve your business image
- Safer, more polite drivers make your company look great
- Your Risk Management team will love you for it
- Establish the policies and procedures that are needed to help ensure a safe work environment.
- Protect against liability from vehicle accidents
- Improve safety
- Enhance employee satisfaction
- Improve fleet efficiency
6 Keys to a Fleet Safety Program
An effective fleet safety program must be comprehensive, up-to-date, and instituted as a part of your company’s safety culture. It should be thorough, reaching each employee who gets behind the wheel. And the commitment has to start at the top.
- Identify all of your drivers. Businesses may not be aware of the full extent of their non-owned vehicle exposure. You should identify everyone who drives on behalf of your business, even those employees that use personal and/or rented vehicles.
- Leadership support from all levels of management will help assure that the program is used and will succeed.
- Screen and select your drivers carefully. This can help create a reliable and safe team. Without safe drivers, no organization is likely to have a good long-term safety record. Establish clear hiring standards and a thorough screening process for anyone who drives on company business.
- Train and manage your drivers on a regular on-going basis. This is essential in helping to ensure that drivers are following fleet safety rules and driving safely. All drivers should have access to information on safe driving strategies and techniques, including instruction in defensive driving.
- Manage crashes when they occur. This will help mitigate costs and help you to understand your exposures and can reduce the potential for future losses.
- Establish written policies and procedures and formalize a plan for vehicle inspection, repair, and maintenance. This can help reduce costly, unexpected breakdowns, and can assist in avoiding crashes due to faulty equipment.
At Pacific Driver Education, we take advantage of our driving risk expertise and extensive experience to help our customers design their fleet safety programs and help protect what is important to their business. Effective fleet safety programs must be comprehensive, up-to-date and an integral part of your company's safety culture.
Customized Fleet Training
Fleet vehicle crashes are one the most costly of injury claims for business. The average cost of a loss related to vehicle accidents is about twice the cost of the average workplace injury. Without a formal fleet driver training program, you may be putting the welfare of your employees and company at risk. Create a custom fleet driver safety program that is specific to your employees, company, and your fleet.
Benefits of PDE’s Online Driver Education Course
Pacific Driver Education
Pacific Driver Education offers an online driver ed course that can be completed any time and anywhere you have an internet-connected device.
When it’s time for you to learn how to drive, whether you’re 15 or 50, our online driver ed course can help make the process simpler for you. Especially in today’s uncertain times, taking your driver ed class online can keep you on track to getting your driver license.
Benefits of Fleet Safety Training
Whether you’re a delivery service, landscaping company, or a moving company, businesses with a fleet of vehicles face an additional risk that businesses without fleets don’t have. When employees are regularly on the road, there needs to be standards of safety that every driver follows to ensure minimal accidents. Fleet driver training programs from Pacific Driver Education seek to help businesses who want to increase fleet safety on the road...more
Combat the Dangers of Distracted Driving with our Driving School in Portland Oregon
Pacific Driver Education is a driving school in Portland Oregon that believes in the importance of a well-rounded drivers education. One second or less is all that it takes. Yes, for a life that has perhaps just recently begun or perhaps one that has been around for many decades, one second is all that is needed. That’s all the time that it takes for a life to be ended or changed by...more
Essential Elements of an Effective Fleet Safety Program
Fleet driver safety training is the most cost efficient way to increase any company’s productivity and ensure public and driver well being. Any smart business person who handles large teams of drivers traveling the highways and interstates of this country knows this. So what are some the essential elements of a fleet driver safety program? How do you make the cost of...more