AFFORDABLE & EFFECTIVE
DRIVER EDUCATION PROGRAMS
Terms & Conditions for Courses, Lessons and Drive Tests
It is important for you to feel comfortable about choosing Pacific Driver Education (PDE) for your private driving lesson, class, or test. We want you to know that our company is extremely careful to employ only well-trained, highly responsible, and respectable instructors and that every instructor is subjected to an Oregon DMV background check on an annual basis.
Pacific Driver Education provides critical life-skill training at our Gresham driving school in following areas:
- We cannot guarantee you a refund for an exam if you book more than one exam at a time. If you book more than two, no refunds will be given on the additional bookings.
- If you schedule an exam and the DMV system finds you to be ineligible for any reason on the day of your exam, your exam fees will be forfeited.
- If you are ill or fail to bring photo ID to the exam appointment, you will be allowed one opportunity to reschedule your appointment. No refund will be issued. A second failure to appear will result in forfeiture of exam fees.
- Cancellations with two or more business days’ notice will be refunded minus a $15 bank fee.
- No refunds will be issued if you fail your test or fail to appear for your scheduled exam.
- Individuals in the At-Risk Driver Program
- Individuals who require the addition or removal of adaptive equipment.
We do not provide testing for
- You must be at least 16 years of age on the day of the exam.
- You must be accompanied at the exam by a parent or guardian.
- You must have held an instruction permit from Oregon or another state for at least six full months.
- You must have completed 100 hours of driving practice with a licensed driver over the age of 21 who has held a license for a minimum of 3 years.
- If your permit is from another state, you must take the Oregon Knowledge Test and vision screening at a DMV office before you can take the driving exam at PDE..
- You must bring your permit to the exam.
- You must either have an Instruction Permit or you must have passed the Knowledge Test and vision screening at a DMV office prior to your driving exam at PDE.
- You must have your Oregon DMV Customer Number in order to take a driving exam. This number is on your permit. If you do not have an Oregon instruction permit, the number was issued at the time of your Knowledge test.
- You must be eligible to take the exam. Driving privileges may not be suspended, canceled or revoked by Oregon or any other state at the time of the exam.
- You must bring photo ID to the exam.
- We cannot provide the exam if you are in the DMV At-Risk Driver Program or if you require the addition or removal of adaptive equipment in order to drive.
Under 18 years of age:
Over 18 years or older:
CORONA VIRUS MITIGATION
- We follow Oregon Health Authority guidelines.
- All PDE employees have temperature checks prior to work each day. They wear masks both in the office and during driving exams. Hand washing and hand sanitizer are employed throughout the day.
- All surfaces in our office are sanitized frequently.
- Our vehicles are sanitized between each exam.
- All customers are required to be wearing a mask that adequately covers their nose and mouth prior to entering our office. The mask must be worn at all times in our building and during the exam.
- All customers are required to have a temperature check and to answer the OHA corona virus-related health questions as part of the check-in process.
All DMV exams are conducted in vehicles owned by Pacific Driver Education. All exams are recorded. Videos are not available for viewing and are used exclusively for training purposes at PDE.
DMV DRIVE TEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Pacific Driver Education provides official non-commercial driving exams for Oregon drivers under an agreement with the Oregon DMV. When you schedule an exam on our website, you are scheduling with Pacific Driver Education. DMV is not involved in the scheduling, canceling or rescheduling of your exam. PDE exams are conducted in accordance with DMV policy and procedures with regard to scoring and reporting scores to the DMV..
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Pacific Driver Education issues certificates of completion to students who complete the course of study, either private drive lessons or the online course. These certificates bear the PDE seal and can be used for potential insurance discounts and verification at time of licensure.
- These programs are not regulated as to what content they teach, how they structure their classes or in-car instruction, or how long a course lasts.
- These programs may or may not teach current best-practice driving skills. Though students may receive a certificate of completion, it will not be issued by the state of Oregon. Teens will still be required to train with their parents for 100 hours before taking their license test.
- Students may receive a refund of the course fee, minus a $25 administrative fee, if they withdraw with a 36-hour notice before the first lesson. After lessons have begun you may receive a partial refund minus a $75 administrative fee plus the cost of any lessons already completed, pro-rated at the single lesson rate. Doctor documented medical cases and special circumstances may lead to a partial refund. All lessons must be completed within 75 days of registration.
If you cancel your scheduled drive lesson with less than a 24 hours notice or miss a drive lesson for any reason, a makeup lesson can be purchased for $75.
- A “cancellation” is any missed appointment scheduled by the student, parent, or guardian.
- Arriving without a current and valid instruction permit or license, or required license restrictions like eyeglasses, will be considered a cancellation.
- If a student is impaired for any reason, (lack of sleep, medication, intoxication, etc.) the lesson will be deemed a cancellation.
- When driving, no flip-flops, high heels, or other footwear, which may impair the ability of the driver to safely operate the vehicle, will be permitted.